Masak semur tahu is one of the most popular Indonesian dishes. This dish is usually served with rice or other Indonesian staples such as lontong or ketupat. Semur is a type of stew that is usually cooked with beef or chicken, but in this recipe, we will be using tofu as a vegetarian alternative. The dish is rich in flavor and is perfect for those who are looking for a hearty and filling meal.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make masak semur tahu:
- 500g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Follow these steps to make masak semur tahu:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, sweet soy sauce, tamarind paste, ground coriander, ground cumin, and ground cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Add the tofu cubes to the pot and stir until they are coated in the sauce.
- Add the water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the stew simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the tofu is tender.
- Taste the stew and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Turn off the heat and let the stew cool for a few minutes before serving.
Here are the nutrition facts for masak semur tahu per serving:
- Calories: 300
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
Masak semur tahu is a delicious and nutritious dish that is easy to make. It is a great vegetarian alternative to the traditional beef or chicken semur. The dish is rich in flavor and is perfect for those who are looking for a hearty and filling meal. Try making masak semur tahu at home and enjoy a taste of Indonesia!