Mie goreng is a popular Indonesian dish that is enjoyed by many. It is a simple yet delicious dish that can be made with ingredients that are readily available in most households. In this article, we will be sharing a simple recipe for mie goreng that you can easily make at home.
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
- 1 pack of instant noodles
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup of cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Follow these easy steps to make mie goreng:
- Boil the instant noodles according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain the noodles and set them aside.
- In a wok or a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the julienned carrots and shredded cabbage to the pan. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and crack an egg into the empty side. Scramble the egg until it is cooked through.
- Add the cooked instant noodles to the pan and mix everything together.
- Add the soy sauce and kecap manis to the pan and stir-fry everything together for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mie goreng to a plate and serve hot.
This recipe serves 2 people and contains approximately:
- Calories: 365
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 1184mg
Mie goreng is a simple and satisfying dish that can be made with just a few ingredients. It is a great way to use up leftover instant noodles and vegetables, and it can be customized to your liking with different sauces and seasonings. We hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try at home!